Sunday, May 15, 2011

Exercise & Music

If you read my entry on my marathon and how music was a major factor on me completing it, you will realize that I am very driven by music.  I think music can be soothing, sensual, uplifting, inspirational, motivating, and downright nasty.  Today, I wanted to give a brief snippet into what I currently have on my playlist and what motivates me in my workouts.  

Eminem.  Easily Eminem is my biggest motivator when I'm working out and I need something to get me over the edge.  I wrote about that for my marathon and it's true for any of my workouts.  Once I hear an Eminem song come on the old Ipod, it's on like Donkey Kong!  And his new stuff is ridiculous.  

Metallica is an obvious choice.  Anytime they come on it usually sets the mood right.  What really gets me when they come on is their instrumentals.  They usually last about 8 minutes long and they tell amazing stories without having to say any words.  If they can't get you in the mood to throw some weights around the room, there's something wrong with you.  

Dr. Dre is another choice.  Whenever his bass beat drops, things are about to get hectic.  Love it!  And his new song with Eminem is off the charts!  The flow he has and the beats he brings get me going every single time.  

Those are just a couple of the artists that whenever I hear them I get pumped.  Below are a few of the random songs that are on my list right now that absolutely get me jacked!  Hopefully you get the same from some of these.  If you got anything that I don't have, I'd love to hear it.  

  • Make Some Noise - Beastie Boys  (new song from new CD kicks ASS!)
  • Welcome to Atlanta - Jermaine Dupri, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Murphy Lee, Diddy
  • Remember the Name - Fort Minor
  • Metalingus - Alter Bridge
  • I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
  • Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  • Hell Yeah - Rev Theory 
  • Street Fighter - Sick Puppies
  • I Came To Play - Downstait (yeah, I know it's a wrestler's entrance song but it's absolutely badass!)
Anyway, that's what I'm listening to now to get me jacked.  If you got something better, I'd love to hear it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment