Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tough Mudder

I have decided that I am going to participate in the Tough Mudder in Indiana in November.  It's a 12 mile race with lots of mud, obstacles, a bit of swimming, and all kinds of madness.  I am absolutely stoked to be doing it because from the way it looks on its website, it will definitely be the toughest race I have ever done   

In preparation for it, I am going to enter the Virginia Beach Rock & Roll Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend.  This is something I have always wanted to do so I'm pretty excited about that also.  I'm also going to incorporate a lot of trail running.  Cherokee Park, Bernhiem Forest, and Iroquois Park are all on my agenda.  

I was even thinking of getting in on the Urbanathlon in October but haven't decided.  If you are interested in doing that, let me know and I'll head up.  If I can't get anyone to run it with me, I'll just stick around here with my trails and strength training.  

Speaking of strength training, I had a great workout today and one that I will build upon in preparation for the Tough Mudder.  I went 1/2 mile, 30 pushups, 1/2 mile, 30 squats, 1/2 mile, 30 situps, 1/2 mile, 30 inverted rows.  I was absolutely spent.  Good stuff.  

So if you have done a Tough Mudder, Urbanathlon, or anything like that in the past, let me know.  I'd love to hear how you trained for it.  I have an idea of how I'm going to train, but I'm definitely open to suggestions on how you did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment