Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from Voltage Strength & Performance

I wanted to take a few minutes to simply say Happy New Year.

Personally, 2011 was quite a memorable year for me.  I started this blog to document my quest in never giving up my status as an athlete.  I ran my first marathon which is a huge accomplishment for a quick twitch fiber guy like myself.  But as science proves, the older we get the higher the ratio gets of slow twitch to fast twitch.  Also, I have found that running provides a way to clear the head and have a bit of time to myself and think about absolutely nothing.  I like that.  This year was the year that I also discovered trail running.  I had done a couple of mud runs in previous years so I had a bit of a taste.  But I really got into it this year and I am hoping to use 2012 as a year to really entrench myself in trails.  This is going to be a lot of fun.  On a somewhat related note to the trails, I ran my second Warrior Dash this year with my good buddy Justin.  A great time was had but unfortunately I lost my wedding ring in the final mud pit.  Booooooo!  2011 was also the year I opted for my third shoulder surgery.  This time it was a rotator cuff tear on my right shoulder.   I'm still healing from it and haven't been able to do much strength training lately.  That sucks.  Atrophy has set in and I have lost about 7 lbs. in the last 2 months.  And not the good 7 lbs I might add.

Professionally, this was a year that saw me start Guerrilla Bootcamp.  This was a lot of fun and I had a few steady guerrillas show up every week.  While I was doing this, I noticed just how many other bootcamps were going on in the Louisville area at the same time.  I have a feeling that the bootcamp balloon will soon burst due to the saturation of the amount of camps available.  This tells me I need to develop a bit of different camp and other revenue streams in order to stay on the front of the list of best possible options for those wanting to be more fit.  I started doing some part time personal training at the Jewish Community Center in Louisville also.  I just started in December and am in the process of building up my clientele.  I'm looking forward to creating bigger presence at JCC and building the Voltage brand.

2012 is looking very promising so far.  I have a Triple Crown Training Team starting on January 14.  This will meet once per week every Saturday and will also include emails and possibly videos.  It's going to be exciting.  I've got 10 people signed up already and I'm looking forward to getting started.  I going to get signed up for the Nashville Country Music Marathon with my wonderful niece Dani.  It'll be her first half marathon and my second full marathon.  I am also looking forward to running the entire trail race series here in Louisville.  Maybe I'll throw in a kickball league or something like that.  Either way, 2012 is going to be yet another stepping stone in establishing Voltage as a great team to train with and finding new events for me to do.  Stay posted and I look forward to talking all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment