Thursday, November 24, 2011

Forever an Athlete celebrates Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is almost over and I thought I would provide a list of some of the things I am most thankful for.


  • I'm thankful for my wonderful wife who is the clinical manager of a surgical center and they provided me incredible care for my rotator cuff surgery 5 weeks ago.  
  • I'm thankful for my surgeon, Dr. Mike Salamon, who fixed my shoulder. 
  • I'm thankful for my physical therapist, Joey, who is helping me get through this frustrating period.  
  • I'm thankful for the 10 lb smoked turkey breast I was able to buy from Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot.  It was the best turkey I've ever had.  
  • I'm thankful for the excitement the Iowa State football team has given me this season.
  • I'm thankful the Bears don't suck as bad as I thought they would.  
  • I'm thankful my sister Maureen sent me a really good book on the first three presidential assassinations. 
  • I'm thankful for those that have already shown interest in my Triple Crown Training Team beginning in January.  
  • I'm thankful for being the youngest of 10 children.  
  • I'm thankful for making fun of my oldest (living) sister Sharna for turning 50 two days ago.  
  • I'm thankful for having a job where I get to hear people's problems every single day and a lot of them make my own problems seem pretty insignificant.  
  • I'm thankful that Clay finally got shot on Son's of Anarchy.  
  • Finally, I'm extremely thankful for my loving and caring wife who makes me the man I am today and for my 2 loving boys who continue to drive me absolutely insane every day but I wouldn't miss it for the world.  
Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I hope you all have your own list of things you are thankful for this and every year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment