Thursday, August 30, 2012

My speakers

Over the next few weeks, I want to introduce my speakers for the Louisville Performance Summit.  Right now I've got six and there's one I'm still currently working on, IF SHE WOULD REPLY TO HER EMAIL!!!!!  Anyway, I"m hoping to get this person because we would all be better for it.  I'm also working on getting NSCA CEU's for the event so you people that are NSCA-CPT or CSCS, this will be an event to get some of those continuing education credits you need to keep that certification.

My first speaker I'd like to introduce is a former professor of mine while I was in graduate school at the University of Louisville.  He was my instructor for only one of my classes but he made a big impression on me with the depth of his knowledge of all things exercise and more specifically tactical fitness.  His name is Brian Jones and he is currently a professor in the department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences at Georgetown College.  He has a PhD in exercise science and is an NSCA-CSCS.  He is currently serving as the Kentucky state director for the NSCA and organizes the state seminars we have once or twice per year.  He owns the Valhalla Academy which is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu and judo school in Frankfort, KY, and specializes in training combat athletics and tactical fitness.

I'm excited to see what Brian will bring to the summit.  I asked him to do something with tactical fitness but I left the door open for him to zero it in on something.  I trust him and know that he will come and blow your socks off.  You can find a link for his martial arts school below.  If you are in the Frankfort area and you want to learn to beat up people, or at least NOT get beat up, then go visit him.

http://valhallaacademy.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment