Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Podcast Review: The Paleo Solution

I'm normally not a big fan of podcasts.  Most of them are of poor quality and I usually end up falling asleep because they are so monotone that I simply can't take it anymore.  But, I have about a 30 minute drive to work during busy days and my local ESPN affiliate has crappy reception so I decided to give it a try while driving.  After looking through the billions of options, I went with Robb Wolf and Greg Everett's Paleo Solution.  I like paleo, I like Robb Wolf, I like Greg Everett.  So why not?

The first thing that jumps out to me on this podcast is the production quality.  It doesn't sound like they are talking into walkie talkies or just through some silly mic hooked up to their keyboard.  It definitely sounds like they've invested a couple of bucks into some decent equipment and maybe even a good program on their computers.  Since I know nothing about podcasting, I know nothing about the equipment or programs used to make some sound better than others.  Obviously they do and they hit a home run with the quality of the sound.

The second thing is the totally laid back attitude they have.  Having been in the CrossFit world for a number of years and knowing how that community idolizes Robb Wolf, I figured he's have this holier than thou attitude regarding his views on the paleo diet and how if you don't follow it, you're stupid and you should never be allowed to eat until you do.  After all, that's how the sheep of the CF world act.  But knowing why Robb is no longer affiliated with the CF world, I should have known he wasn't like them.  They are completely laid back and confident in their knowledge of diet and exercise.  They have done the research and have been active practitioners for a long time.  They have the mentality that you don't have to like what they preach.  If you don't, who cares.  As Robb so eloquently puts it, that's more bacon and eggs for him!

The next thing is, these guys are simply full of knowledge bombs.  I have quite a bit of knowledge on strength, conditioning, and nutrition.  But every episode they have I learn more and more and more.  Knowledge bombs are constantly exploding in my head.  Thanks guys!  And it's all practical stuff too.  The bottom line is this the best podcast I've listened to so far.  Great quality, great knowledge, and fun to listen to.  Good stuff guys!  Thanks for making my daily commute less dreadful.   I've made it through about 6 episodes, and apparently there are 144 of them.  So it looks like I have some catching up to do.  I better stop writing and get to listening.

By the way, I'm setting up the Louisville Strength Summit.  It'll be a meeting of the minds so to speak with local strength guru's providing info in anything they currently have in their minds that will further the strength and conditioning field in the Louisville area.  Everybody get's smarter, everybody benefits. So be on the lookout for this in the coming months.  If you or someone you know wants to present, shoot me a note and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment