Thursday, March 17, 2011

A new genesis

Holy Cow!  I just went through an out-of-this-world illness that I feel set me back a full month in training.  After 7 days, 8 less pounds, and a whole lot of fatigue, I was seriously doubting my ability to complete my training.  I just didn't see how I would or could bounce back from this madness.  But I received some great words of encouragement from my girl Suzy who reminded me that it's not about what time I finish, it's about finishing.  That's it. 

So I hit the pavement yesterday for 5 miles.  I felt great the first 2, terrible the last 3.  My calves hurt, hips hurt, and feet hurt.  My body yelled at me for the sickness I went through and basically asked me "What the hell do you think you're doing?"  I'm training, that's what I'm doing.  All day yesterday at work I rolled my feet and legs with a baseball to help break up all of the adhesions between my fascia and muscles.  I think that helped. 

Today I hit the gym for some intervals and strength training.  I ran 1k, 2k, and 3k sprints with 3 minute rest between each.  Then I moved on to pushups, inverted rows, and chest press.  Gotta work that chest since I am going to be on a beach in Jamaica in less than 3 weeks ha ha ha.  No, really, I simply just need to get my strength back.  This illness I went through dropped my 8 pounds and completely zapped my strength.  But I will get it back. 

On a completely unrelated note, the CrossFit Games Open began this week.  You can still register at www.games.crossfit.com.  If you don't wish to participate, you can still register and follow the games and results.  It's something I really wanted to do this year but I got the bug in me to do the marathon instead.  Maybe next year. 

Also, I met with some great people today in regards to my business venture I'm about to embark on.  As I said before, get ready Louisville.  It's coming and it's going to take over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment