Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What I'm Lifting Now

Listed below are my favorite exercises.  These are my favorite exercises right now, not a year ago, not 2 years ago, not 6 weeks ago.  Today at this very moment.  I chose these exercises because of the type of training I am currently doing in getting ready for my marathon.  I'm finding that the time I have for strength training takes a back seat to the running and interval training.  I simply don't have enough time in the day to do everything I need to do with work, kids, kids baseball, trying to get a business up and running, and finding just a couple of minutes to sleep and relax.  So I am doing compound, multi joint movements that will allow me to attach my body from different angles in a short amount of time.  I'm sure there are other exercise that you may suggest, and by all means do so.  I'd love to hear what you got.  But these exercises are working for me right now, today. 
  • Push up
  • Push press
  • Deadlift
  • Snatch...I vary the form from power and hang to keep things interesting
  • Pull-up
  • Burpee Pull-up
  • Air squats
  • Toe to bar
  • Inverted rows hanging from a Smith Machine bar
  • ANYTHING with TRX
UPDATE:  I'm heading to Greenville, SC to meet with some people about the prospective business I will be bringing to Louisville.  It's going to be huge and I am hoping to see everyone there.  I can't wait to get going.  I will provide details once I get things finalized.  I don't want to put the cart before the horse just yet but I believe it's going to be something to transform the fitness market in this town.  As the great Bart Scott once said, "Can't wait!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment