Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feedback

Not much happens on my rest day.  Tuesdays are always my rest day and I get back into it tomorrow.  As much as I don't want to I have to get up at 5 in the morning and go run.  Ugh.  I got 5 miles of hills tomorrow.  Ugh.  But I guess that's what it takes to get ready for the marathon.  This thing better be worth it.  I spoke to a coworker today that went down to Miami 2 weeks ago and ran a marathon.  She ran a great race but said she hasn't done anything since then.  Talk about detraining.  I look forward to rewarding myself with a full week off. 

Again, not much happens on a rest day.  I got some feed back from several people regarding the blog and I appreciate that.  I'm very glad I got some people reading.  Hopefully, you are all getting a little bit out of it.  My girl Sam seems pretty happy that I'm gluten free.  Trust me Sam, so am I.  But I'm not going full Paleo.  Sorry.  I enjoy my chips and salsa too much.  I also enjoy the BLT sandwich on GF bread that I had for dinner tonight.  But I have made the full commitment to eating cleaner, cutting out gluten, saying no to the High Fructose Corn Syrup Devil, and more veggies.  The dark side will have to wait for me for a while ha ha ha ha!. 

Another friend sent me an email addressing a very common problem.  She said that with her kids being young, she simply doesn't have enough time, or motivation to get the workouts she needs.  I completely understand that I and I talk with people like that every day as part of my job.  The key to this problem is simply finding a way to incorporate more physical activity into your day, no matter how you do it.  I am very fortunate that I have a gym membership that takes my kids so I can get my workout.  I am also very fortunate that I have a wife that understands what I am training for and allows me the time I need.  But if these aren't options for you, simply find more physical activity opportunities.  Whether it's parking further away from the store, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or doing squats and pushups during commercial breaks on TV, you can always find ways. 

So thank you all for your feedback.  Keep on reading and hopefully I will be able to motivate you to lead a somewhat healthier lifestyle in my quest to become that athlete I want to never stop being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment