Friday, February 4, 2011

New route

For those of you who might be running the Derby Mini or full Marathon, they have redesigned the route.  Details for the course can be found at http://www.derbyfestivalmarathon.com/Course_Information/Course_Details.htm.  One great thing they have done is take the route around Iroquois Park out of the Mini.  Of course, they were nice enough to let that bastard stay in the full marathon course.  So I got that going for me.  I guess I better change my hill training from Cherokee Park to Iroquois.  Grrrrrrr.  I hate that place.  I remember that thing in the Papa Johns 10 miler, needless to say I hated it.  Oh well. 

Tomorrow I am pulling a two-fer.  I am going to run 3 miles in the morning around 7:00.  Then in the afternoon I am going to workout with the wife and get my strength training in.  As far as the commandments of endurance training are concerned, strength training is definitely at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment