Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Unanounced Rest Day

Tuesday is my designated rest day.  I use this day because my wife is also training for something, the Triple Crown series here in Louisville, and she has to get to the gym in the morning on Tuesday.  Unfortunately due to my work schedule, I can't get there after work.  So I make that my regular rest day.  Got to give the body a day to recover from the damage I do throughout the week.  Well today wound up being a rest day also.  I was supposed to run 6 miles at a 5 mile pace.  My strategy right now is to build my speed while building endurance.  But I didn't get there because my much better half missed her workout yesterday and I gave her this morning.  Oh well.  I don't have to be to work until the early afternoon on Thursday, so I think I will be able to get a good one in the morning.  Here's my plan for tomorrow:
Strength
Tabata deadlift, pushup, inverted pullup, and dips

Then the plan is to rest and recover for about 20 minutes.  Maybe I'll take in some shot blocks to help with the 6 mile run. 

Marathon Training
6 mile run at 5 mile pace. 

Will it hurt?  Yes.  But I think it will be worth it in the end when I finish that marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment